Monday, February 23, 2004

You call this exercise?

Maybe I'm just prudish, or insufficiently in touch with some womanly part of myself, but I can't help but feel there's something deeply wrong about this: The latest trend in aerobic exercise involves pole dancing and stripping. As if working out wasn't already humiliating enough.

I guess there's supposed to be something liberating about making like a go-go dancer. But personally, it just reinforces my passionate desire never to set foot in a gym. As if the thought of gyrating in front of strangers wasn't horrifying enough, there's the vision of strangers gyrating in front of me. Let's get bodily exposure, sexual suggestiveness and prurient displays out of health clubs and back where they belong -- in Super Bowl halftime shows.

No comments: