Sunday, September 19, 2004

Ahoy there, matey!

So, did you celebrate "Talk Like a Pirate Day" today? My son and I did, but then, for us, every day is "Talk Like a Pirate Day." Playing "pirate" is one of my son's favorite games, although usually I'm the only one who's a pirate and he's my hapless captive. Sometimes he orders me to be the Tickling Pirate. Sometimes I'm the Singing Pirate (who sings a song about tickling, as it happens). Sometimes I'm the Sleeping Pirate (my personal favorite.) Sometimes I'm a nasty pirate who makes him walk the plank, until he's saved by his heroic dog companion, Invisible Scooby (also played by me, wouldn't you know). And sometimes I'm the pirate who steals his nose, ear or other body parts and won't give them back until he does his nightly reading, writes in his journal, answers questions about school, or some other such dastardly torture. Whatever the role, I be talking like a pirate on a daily basis, arrr. On a day like today, it was nice to be having me laddy talking like one too.

No comments: