Thursday, July 15, 2004

What are you reading right now?

I've been fooling around the past couple of days with a very cool Web site for book lovers called All Consuming. Its primary function is to scan Weblogs, find references to books and catalog them, so that if you're interested in a book you can look it up and see what bloggers have been saying about it. But it also allows individuals to sign up and keep online records of the books they're reading, have read or plan to read, and make comments about those books. You can go to my blog's page and see what's on my current reading list; I've also used their javascript feature to put the book I'm currently reading at any given time on this page. And if you have a Weblog on which you mention books, let me know so I can add you to my "friends" list -- All Consuming has automatically given me some friends that I've never heard of, and while friends are always good, it's better if they're not strangers.

Meanwhile, if you're a mean mom like me and have your child doing forced reading over the summer (or hit the jackpot and have a kid who loves to read, lucky you), stop by the Child message boards and tell us what's on your young person's reading list.

No comments: